What information is collected from you and why
If you only intend to visit shelbycountytn.gov to browse through our web site, download information or read pages, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information will not identify you personally. We do not use this data for marketing or commercial purposes, nor do we distribute, in any way, any of the information we gather. The only information we automatically collect and store is the following information about your visit:
1. Your Fully Qualified Domain Name (Domain Name), of your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and/or your computer, if your computer has a domain name specifically assigned to it.
2. Your IP Address (the number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site
3. Your Browser Type (for example: Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Opera, etc.)
4. Your Operating System you use to access our site (Windows XP, 2000, Macintosh OS, Linux, etc.)
5. The Date and Time you accessed our site
6. The Pages you visited
7. The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the page you started from (for example: google.com), that linked you to our web site, if you did not access our page by typing in
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors. Learning about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technologies they use, helps us improve the web site and the services we offer. In order to accomplish these goals, we are constantly conducting statistical analyses of the data we collect and are aggressively improving our hardware and software to meet your needs.
How voluntarily provided information is used
If you voluntarily send us information, i.e. you fill out a form requesting information, it will be used for governmental purposes only, although it would be subject to disclosure to the extent required by law by the State of Tennessee’s Open Records Act. Such governmental purposes could include, without limitation:
1. Helping us respond to your request for information
2. To look into a problem you are bringing to our attention
3. To keep lists of interested people (e.g. prospective vendors or employees)
We will not rent or sell information identifying you as a particular person (name, address, phone number, etc.) to third parties, without your express permission, although again, this information would be subject to disclosure to the extent required by law by the State of Tennessee’s Open Records Act, and we may charge a fee to recover any costs expended in responding to a request under that act. We will not disclose credit card information, except for purposes related to your credit card transaction, or with your permission.
Our policy on "cookies"
Use of Shelbycountycsa.org by Children
We do not specifically solicit information from minors or information that will enable us to determine if the user is a minor. Since we do not restrict users based on their ages, we ask parents to assist their children when children are asked to provide personal information on line. We also ask that children get their parents' permission before providing any information on line. Any information submitted by a minor, will be treated as information submitted by an adult, since we are not able to determine the user's actual age.
The content of shelbycountycsa.org's web pages is copyrighted and contains some third party graphics/images that are used with the copyright holder's consent. If you wish to use any of this content, you must obtain permission from the copyright holder before reproducing or otherwise using those graphics/images. Shelbycountytn.gov reserves the right to change this policy without notice