Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Program
Emergencies happen. If something is preventing you from paying rent or your mortgage, the Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Program (CEAP) can help. CEAP is designed to support families through tough times and keep them from losing their homes through eviction, foreclosures, or other circumstances. If you’ve had an unexpected, uncontrollable circumstance like a medical bill or loss of employment within the past 120 days, you may qualify for CEAP assistance.
Eligible households can receive up to $1000 once per program year.
Your family’s monthly income must be below 125% of the Federal Poverty Income Guideline and you must have an unexpected, uncontrollable circumstance that:
- caused a reduction in income (such as losing a job) OR
- was an out-of-pocket expense (such as medical emergencies)
- was within the past 120 days
- prevented the household from being able to pay rent/mortgage
You will need:
- Social Security card/identification for all household members
- Proof of all household income (i.e. check stubs, award letter)
- Proof of pending eviction/foreclosure
- Proof of crisis/out of pocket expense
This program is offered throughout the year until all funds are exhausted. Each customer must have an appointment. Appointments are taken each Wednesday starting at 8:00 a.m.
To make an appointment, call (901) 222-4299 or print and complete the following documents:
2670 Union Ext., Suite 500
Memphis, TN 38112
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Appointments taken beginning at 8:00 am.
CSBG INCOME GUIDELINES FOR FY 2019
(EFFECTIVE April 2020)
200% Federal Poverty Guidelines
|People in Household||Annual Income||Monthly Income|
|For Each Additional Person Add:||$8,960.00||$746.67|