Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Program
Emergencies happen. If something is preventing you from paying rent or your mortgage, the Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Program (CEAP) can help. CEAP is designed to support families through tough times and keep them from losing their homes through eviction, foreclosures, or other circumstances. If you’ve had an unexpected, uncontrollable circumstance like a medical bill or loss of employment within the past 180 days, you may qualify for CEAP assistance.
Eligible households can receive up to $1000 once per program year.
Your family’s monthly income must be below 125% of the Federal Poverty Income Guideline and you must have an unexpected, uncontrollable circumstance that:
- caused a reduction in income (such as losing a job) OR
- was an out-of-pocket expense (such as medical emergencies)
- was within the past 180 days
- prevented the household from being able to pay rent/mortgage
You will need:
- Social Security card/identification for all household members
- Proof of all household income (i.e. check stubs, award letter)
- Proof of pending eviction/foreclosure
- Proof of crisis/out of pocket expense
This program is offered throughout the year until all funds are exhausted. Each customer must have an appointment. Appointments are taken each Wednesday starting at 8:00 a.m.
To make an appointment, call (901) 222-4299 or print and complete the following documents:
2670 Union Ext., Suite 500
Memphis, TN 38112
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Appointments taken beginning at 8:00 am
CSBG INCOME GUIDELINES FOR FY 2019
(EFFECTIVE April 2020)
200% Federal Poverty Guidelines
|People in Household||Annual Income||Monthly Income|
|For Each Additional Person Add:||$8,960.00||$746.67|
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR RENT/MORTGAGE APPLICATION
Once your application and supporting documentation has been received, it will be reviewed for accuracy.
- If you are missing specific eligibility documentation, you will be asked to submit the missing documentation within 72 hours. If you do not provide all of the essential eligibility documentation within the allotted timeframe, your application will be denied, and you will receive a Denial Letter in the mail. However, you will be allowed to reapply for assistance after you are able to procure all essential eligibility documentation.
- If you provided all of the essential eligibility documentation along with a completed application, your application will be processed and you will receive an Approval Letter in the mail. The Approval Letter will indicate that your application has been approved, and it will indicate the amount of the approval. In addition, an Approval Letter will be mailed to your leasing office indicating the amount of payment.
Once you are approved it can take up to 25 days before your leasing office/landlord /mortgage company receives payment. However, the Approval Letter is confirmation of approval.