Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Program
Emergencies happen. If something is preventing you from paying rent or your mortgage, the Comprehensive Emergency Assistance Program (CEAP) can help. CEAP is designed to support families through tough times and keep them from losing their homes through eviction, foreclosures, or other circumstances. If you have experienced an unexpected, uncontrollable circumstance like a medical bill in the past 180 days, or loss of employment within the past 12 months you may qualify for CEAP assistance.
Eligible households can receive up to $1,000 once per program year.
Your family’s monthly income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guideline and you must have an unexpected, uncontrollable circumstance.
* Uncontrollable circumstances are provable circumstances that caused an uncontrollable reduction in income and/or an unexpected out-of-pocket expense like job loss, death of spouse, unexpected repair or replacement of a large appliance, or a medical emergency
You will need:
- State Issued ID
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Income information for household (i.e. check stubs, award letter)
- Proof of pending eviction/foreclosure
- Proof of crisis/out of pocket expense
This program is offered throughout the year until all funds are exhausted. Each customer must submit an application via online portal, mail or drop box.
Contact Information1188 Minna Pl.Memphis, TN 38104
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
CSBG Rent/Mortgage Application
DUE TO FUNDING WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
If you lost your job due to Covid-19 and you think you qualify for rent/mortgage assistance please click the link below.
CSBG INCOME GUIDELINES FOR FY 2020
(EFFECTIVE JANUARY 25, 2021)
200% Federal Poverty Guidelines
|People in Household||Annual Income||Monthly Income|
|For Each Additional Person Add:||$9,080.00||$756.67|
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR RENT/MORTGAGE APPLICATION
Once your application and supporting documentation has been received, it will be reviewed for accuracy.
- If you are missing specific eligibility documentation, you will be asked to submit the missing documentation within 72 hours. If you do not provide all of the essential eligibility documentation within the allotted timeframe, your application will be denied, and you will receive a Denial Letter in the mail. However, you will be allowed to reapply for assistance after you are able to procure all essential eligibility documentation.
- If you provided all of the essential eligibility documentation along with a completed application, your application will be processed and you will receive an Approval Letter in the mail. The Approval Letter will indicate that your application has been approved, and it will indicate the amount of the approval. In addition, an Approval Letter will be mailed to your leasing office indicating the amount of payment.
Once you are approved it can take up to 25 days before your leasing office/landlord /mortgage company receives payment. However, the Approval Letter is confirmation of approval.